After announcing the rollout of Android 4.1 for the Transformer Prime (TF201) in Sweden yesterday, ASUS has made a more generalized announcement saying to expect the update soon. Along with the Prime, ASUS also announced that the Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) would receive Jelly Bean in the coming days. The announcement comes by way of the company’s Facebook profile and was posted earlier this morning along with a note to keep an eye on the page for further updates.
ASUS has done a remarkable job of keeping their lineup of Android tablets up to date with frequent software updates, even if the Jelly Bean push may have taken a month or two longer than most would have liked. We’ll forgive them, in this case. The tablet maker did just devote four months to developing the world’s first Android 4.1 tablet, after all.
- Android version breakdown for June 2014
- Android 4.3 for EVO 4G LTE [DOWNLOAD]
- Android distribution numbers show Jelly Bean
- HTC confirms EVO 4G LTE’s Android 4.3 J
- Check out the ASUS Transformer Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.