The HTC DROID Incredible X is expected to launch this fall as the Taiwanese mobile maker’s answer to phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note. A new rumor also has it forming the basis for one of several new Nexus devices expected to launch during the holiday season. It seems likely that Google will shift their Nexus strategy from one new device per year to a selection of devices from several different manufacturers, and HTC’s offering could borrow the 5-inch display and quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro rumored for the Incredible X.
A source claiming to have insider knowledge from within HTC says the fourth-generation Nexus handset will launch with Android 4.1.2, a mild OS update featuring Project Butter improvements and lockscreen enhancements as well as other tweaks and fixes. Other rumored specs include a 12MP camera and 2,500mAh battery. The 5-inch display at 1080p resolution could earn the device the name of Nexus 5, a take on the Nexus 7 moniker.
For now, take this as a rumor flavored with a heavy dose of salt. We have little substantiate any of the above claims.
- HTC Droid DNA (DLX) shows up at the FCC, clea
- HTC Incredible DLX (Deluxe) could be Verizon&
- Verizon Wireless roadmap shows launch windows
- New rumored specs for the 5-inch HTC device e
- Check out the HTC DROID Incredible X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.