After promising to do right by Droid Bionic owners miffed that the planned Ice Cream Sandwich update for the handset will miss its initial Q3 deadline, Motorola has updated their Android upgrade timeline to give a better idea of when and if users can expect a new version of the OS for their phones. The Bionic is now listed as expecting ICS in Q4, as is the Motorola XOOM Family Edition. The Motorola ATRIX 2 and Atrix 4G come with a note stating “further plans coming soon,” but provide no timeframe for expected updates.
Otherwise, if a device hasn’t already received Android 4.0, it will be sticking with its current operating system version. That also means don’t expect Jelly Bean. Speaking of Jelly Bean, the timeline offers no update on when to expect Jelly Bean on any phone or tablet.
[via Motorola | Thanks, Jeff!]
- How Android beat iOS to fingerprint unlock, a
- Apple copies Android, fails to set the bar wi
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Motorola DROID Bionic gets revived with offic
- Check out the Motorola Atrix 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID BIONIC forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.