Verizon and Motorola weren’t keen on releasing availability details for their newly-announced DROID RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD outside of a wide launch window of “before the holidays.”
If our expectations are correct then this would mean any time before Thanksgiving as the holiday is treated as the unofficial start to the busiest shopping season of the year starting with Black Friday.
Well, it looks like we might have a bit more of an idea of when to expect these powerhouse devices. A press release for the RAZR HD in Germany pegs October as its launch window, a lot more specific than Verizon’s initial window for the US. We could see it launching in the US around the same time, but it would be wise not to get your hopes up.
We usually don’t see European releases of Motorola’s Verizon-bound phones until after Verizon’s versions launch so it’s plausible to suggest they could be targeting that same window.
Unfortunately with so little to go on we aren’t comfortable burning a date into our minds without also burning a sense of caution right next to it. We’ll hope to get more information about its impending release as the weeks move on. [via Droid-Life]
- KitKat rollout for Droid RAZR HD and RAZR M
- Motorola commits to bringing KitKat for DROID
- Motopocalypse: bootloader unlock tool now ava
- Bootloader unlock method found for several Mo
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.