It wasn’t long ago T-Mobile rolled out Android 4.0.4 for the 4G version of their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it’s taken some time but now we finally have Verizon following suit. Software version i905.LP11 is listed as “coming soon” and at 248MB will upgrade the firmware to Android 4.0.4, all bring about all these Ice Cream Sandwich goodies:
- Applied Android Ice Cream (ICS) OS upgrade to 4.0.4.
– Pinch to Zoom functionality has been added in homescreen and main menu screen.
– Google Plus has been integrated.
– Google Text-To-Speech Engine has been integrated in the upgrade.
- In Email search menu, search criteria by date, sender & title.
- In Email Composer, ‘undo’ and ‘redo’ options have been added.
- A quick response message may be quickly inserted into the body while composing a message.
- Initiate a ‘New Meeting Invitation’ for Exchange accounts.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor includes:
– More ways to sort albums by time, location, people and tags.
– Photo studio that allows users to crop and rotate pictures, set levels and remove red eyes.
– Improved Picture Gallery widget lets users look at pictures directly on their home screen.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities including:
- Continuous focus.
– Android 4.0 Zero shutter lag exposure.
-Stabilized image zoom.
-Build in face detection to locate faces in the frame and automatically set focus
-Apps can now set custom metering regions in a camera preview.
- Wi-Fi Direct support by Android platform.
- Android 4.0 introduces built-in support from third-party apps, users can connect to wireless medical devices and sensors in hospitals, fitness centers, homes and elsewhere.
No word on exactly when we can expect the rollout, but feel free to check for the update manually by jumping into your Settings app.