Amidst all of the ranting and raving about the iPhone 5 let’s not forget that Amazon is now shipping some pretty interesting devices of its own. The updated Amazon Kindle Fire and Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7.0 are now shipping, and now available to those who weren’t in on the pre-sale opportunity.
The updated Kindle Fire looks almost identical to the original, though it does benefit from some updated internals. It still has a dual-core processor and a 7 inch display, and is a little faster than last year’s model. More importantly, it’s also a little cheaper as it starts at just $159.
Meanwhile, the Kindle Fire HD 7.0 features a 7 inch display with a resolution of 1280×800 and comes with TI’s 1.2GHz OMAP 4470 dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and more.
Don’t forget that both devices utilize Android 4.0, but you wouldn’t know unless Amazon told you considering how heavily they’ve customized the Kindle Fire’s user interface. Models start at just $200 and you can get started here.
- Field Wallpaper
- Moto G 2nd Gen gets Lollipop (again)
- Spotify playback no longer interrupted by aud
- HTC One M9 exposed in test photo
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7.0 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.