Here’s the bad news: owners of the mid-range Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 or Samsung Galaxy S Advance looking forward to an update to Ice Cream Sandwich can forget that. Samsung Bulgaria has made a statement on their Facebook page stating that the two Gingerbread handsets won’t receive Android 4.0. So you want the good news? Samsung apparently plans to upgrade the devices directly to Jelly Bean.
While the news should get owners excited, don’t expect the announcement to translate to an update arriving anytime soon. Samsung’s focus is set on getting Jelly Bean ready for their flagship Galaxy S3, and recent reports have that occurring during October at the earliest. It will likely be several more months before the Ace 2 or Galaxy S Advance see Android 4.1, if we can even put much stock in the statements of a social media rep working for a foreign branch of Samsung.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 digital gifts
- Verizon HTC One M8 gets Lollipop
- Hands-on Huawei Watch
- Google Contacts gets redesigned
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S Advance forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.