A lot of people were vexed to find that Amazon would be pushing ads to the lock screen and bottom left corner of homescreens of the new Kindle Fire devices announced yesterday.
The ads are not optional, but Amazon has designed them to be unobtrusive and found a slick way to introduce new content and items to you. Not only will digital Amazon content like books, videos, games, and apps be dangled in your face, but Amazon will also show you deals for consumer electronics and other items available in their online storefront.
A lot of people feel a very particular way about ads, but as these aren’t the usual annoying ads that are of absolutely zero interest to most users I expect a lot of you won’t complain. Is this a deal breaker for you or would you gladly accept ads for an experience that ties into the very backbone of Amazon’s premium services?
- Deal: Kindle Fire HD for $139
- 5 things about the Amazon Phone
- HBO shows come to Amazon
- Amazon offering $20 off Kindle Fire HD for Fa
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.