When we heard Amazon would be displaying ads on the lock screen and the corner of the home screen on the Amazon Kindle Fire devices we were led to believe the ads would be mandatory. Fortunately, that may not be the case at all.
A support rep from Amazon apparently confirmed that there will soon be a way to opt out of the ads. Unfortunately the method of opting out is currently up in the air.
They might either offer the option for free, or will ask you to pay a small subsidy to disable them. We don’t want to speculate too much without certain word from Amazon themselves. The journey continues, and we’ll be right back here to bring you the latest on the situation. [via Engadget]
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Amazon Kindle Fire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.