I’ve been scratching my neck like a crack-fiend waiting on word of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 coming to the US and it looks like we finally have something. A mysterious Samsung device going by the model number SGH-T889 has just appeared online, well — the “about device” screen anyway. Given that the original Note was cancelled, everything lines up with what we’d expect from a Note 2 on T-Mobile. Here’s why:
- Original Note on T-Mobile was the SGH-T879 and wound up canceled
- Display is listed as 1280×720 resolution (original was 1280×800)
- Firmware listed is Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
What’s more is TMoNews has it on good authority that the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 will retain the quad-core Exynos processor as found on the original and it will run out of the box on T-Mobile’s 42Mbps+ network (makes sense since their LTE isn’t quite ready for rollout). We can hope that since there will be no need for a special T-Mobile variant of the device, a quick and timely release will result, but a date hasn’t been confirmed just yet. We’ll keep our eyes peeled.
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Note 2