Hot on the heels of the Galaxy Note 2 announcement comes Samsung’s S Pen SDK which was just been updated to version 2.2. The updated SDK lets mobile developers dive into all the new features shown off on the Galaxy Note 2, bringing new functionality to their own apps like S Pen hovering, context awareness (like when the S Pen is unsheathed), 33 new Image Effects, and an all new calligraphy brush tip. Here’s the full list of updated features:
NEW UX Scenario: Let your app interact with the S Pen while hovering over the GALAXY Note
- Updated SPenEventLibrary enables S Pen recognition with no physical contact (Hovering).
- S Pen can call Hover Pointer Icon (i.e. Pen, Text, Color Picker, Color filing) with preset.Context Awareness: Launch pre-defined features while the S Pen/Earphone is used.
- The package information of the apps used can be recognized while the S Pen is detached or the Earphone is attached to the device.
- A newly added SPenDetachmentListener, recognizes when the S Pen is detached. Note: This listener does not support the original GALAXY NoteEasier & Expanded Drawing: Advanced features for your creative apps
- ‘Calligraphy Brush’ has been added to pen input; 5 brushes in total.
- Color filling features enable users to fill with the color selected at SettingView.
- Improved SettingView function and UI; More Pen presets, New Fonts, Mini SettingView
- Special Effects; 33 types of Image Effects including the Scratch Effect
- Images from SCanvasView can be cut/copied/pasted using Clipboard
To help boost development of new apps that will take advantage of S Pen functionality, Samsung also reminds developers that their Smart App Challenge is still accepting submissions until Sept 30th, with $200,000 in cash prizes up for grabs. As you can see, Samsung takes the S Pen very seriously.
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 gets KitKat
- Note 2 KitKat arrives
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
- Samsung bringing Android 4.4 KitKat to Galaxy
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Note 2