At today’s IFA press conference, Sony bigwig Kaz Hirai made the followup to last year’s Tablet S official. Dubbed the Sony Xperia Tablet S, the slate is both thinner and more powerful than last year’s model while following the same general design principles. Also announced were the Sony Xperia T, Sony Xperia V, and Sony Xperia J.
The three Android-powered smartphones drop at various price points, with the 4.6-inch Xperia T coming in at the top tier. New NFC capabilities allow for easy pairing with devices like headphones and speakers. The Xperia V will launch as a mid-range waterproof option, while the Xperia J comes in at an affordable combination of price and specs. Hirai quipped the phones come with a “license to thrill,” and indeed the new Xperia T will feature into the upcoming James Bond flick Skyfall.
Back to the Xperia Tablet S, the device will feature a Tegra 3 chip, Android 4.0, and up to 64GB of internal storage. It measures in at .35 inches at its thinnest and .47 inches at its thickest. A built-in IR emitter and full-size SD card slot round out the new Tablet S’ features. Pricing starts at $400 for the 16GB model.
- Sony Xperia T, TX, V and SP scheduled to rece
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Rogers pushing Jelly Bean to HTC One X and mo
- Sony giving away the sexy Xperia T “Bon
- Check out the Sony Xperia J forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia T forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.