It was barely last week that we caught glimpse of the purported “HTC Proto,” a mid-range device to fill in a gap left open when HTC introduced their One series of handsets. Fast forward to today where we’re now seeing official retail docs emerge, showing us the official specs of the device, along with a brand new name: the HTC Desire X.
Design wise, we’re looking at a baby version of One X with what appears to a polycarbonate non-removable back cover coming in either navy blue or white color varieties. According to the leaked doc, the Desire X will nestle itself snugly in between the high(ish)-end One S, and its lower-end sibling, the One V. Here’s some quick bullet points:
- 4-inch 800×480 Super LCD display
- 5MP camera, AF, LED flash, BSI sensor, F2.0, 28mm, WVGA video recording, HTC ImageChip
- 1 GHz dual-core (S3?)
- 4GB internal storage, 768MB RAM, microSD slot, Dropbox 25GB for 2 years
- 1650 mAh battery(removable)
- Beats Audio
- Android 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1
- 114g, 118.5 x 62.3 x 9.3 mm
- HSPA/WCDMA(Asia/Europe 900/2100 MHz), GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Above you can see the Desire X side-by-side with the One X, trademark HTC stylings and all. There’s no word if we’ll ever see this device here in the states, but now that the Desire X is out of the bag, here’s to hoping HTC still has that rumored 5-inch phablet hiding under their sleeve for a surprise IFA announcement.
- HTC Desire X Is Official – Blurs The Li
- Early “HTC Proto” test shots leak
- HTC Proto comes as an affordable handset with
- Tmo Music Freedom adds 14 services
- Check out the HTC Proto forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Desire X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire X, HTC Proto