After Android 4.1 leaked for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300), the updated software has now surfaced for a carrier-branded handset. T-Mobile Galaxy S3, the SGH-T999, is getting a taste of official Jelly Bean goodness as uncovered by XDA-Forums member LuffarJoh. Rumors point to the software rolling out in some capacity by the end of August.
The update for the SGH-T999 seems to mirror the software for the GT-i9300, which was shown off on video earlier this month. Whether or not a proposed date of August 29th release date applies only to the international version or if it also covers devices tied to carriers is unknown, but it seems unlikely that a simultaneous rollout would occur.
[via XDA | Thanks, Hans-Erik!]
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- 14 Galaxies to get KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S3