If you are shopping for a tablet to add to that Verizon Share Anything plan, a new option will soon be available. Today Verizon announced that it will add the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to its product portfolio beginning August 17th. The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a 7-inch slate with a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 3.2MP rear camera and VGA front-facing camera, and 4G LTE support. It will launch with Ice Cream Sandwich on board.
Now seems like an appropriate time to remind everyone that Verizon is no longer subsidizing the cost of tablets, so you can expect to pay full price if the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is in your future. The good news is that full price is only $349. Or perhaps that isn’t such great news considering a Nexus 7 would only set you back $199.
VERIZON WIRELESS ADDS Samsung Galaxy Tab 2® 7.0 TO EXPANSIVE TABLET PORTFOLIO
Affordable 7-inch Tablet with Access to Rich Multimedia on America’s Largest 4G LTE Network
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announce the latest addition to the Samsung Galaxy Tab portfolio, the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 2 (7.0), available beginning August 17 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Powered by Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, Galaxy Tab 2 customers will have access to 4G LTE in 337 markets and counting, covering nearly 75 percent of the United States population.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) features power and portability with its 4G LTE connectivity and 7-inch display making mobile entertainment easy. The Galaxy Tab 2 runs Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and comes loaded with multimedia-rich apps like Netflix and Samsung’s Media Hub for watching movies and TV shows while on the go or on the couch. Customers can also take advantage of the compact design and use the Amazon Kindle app to keep their favorite books with them at all times. The Peel Smart Remote app turns the Tab 2 into a universal remote, helping customers easily find their favorite shows and eliminates the need for multiple remote controls.
The Tab 2 is also a SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) device featuring on-device AES-256 bit encryption, enhanced support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® and support for industry-leading Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions. Additionally, the Galaxy Tab 2 can maximize productivity with the Polaris® Office application to easily create and edit documents. The app is optimized for tablets and has support for various file types like Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Adobe® PDF, Zip files and more.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich – support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 600,000 apps available to download from Google™ Play Store
- 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
- 1.2 GHz dual-core application processor
- Bluetooth® 4.0 technology
- Multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD support
- Wi-Fi® Connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
- 8GB internal memory with support for up to 64 GB microSD™ card
- Samsung’s SAFE enterprise mobility solutions provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that customers are able to operate more efficiently on–the-move.
- Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) – Communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server enabling push email, calendar and contacts\
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support from Industry-Leading Solutions Providers – Supports industry-standard VPN protocols to help customers efficiently tap into VPN networks, and MDM capabilities that allow IT departments to effectively safeguard employees’ mobile devices and corporate data
- On Device Encryption – SAFE helps prevent unauthorized access to mobile data by leveraging the AES 256-bit encryption standard, encrypting all data, including app-specific internal data and internal/external memory
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Aug. 17 for $349.99
- New customers can subscribe to a Share Everything plan for data devices starting at $40 for 4 GB of sharable data. Existing customers who already have a Share Everything plan can add the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) to their account for $10 monthly access. For additional information on Share Everything customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
- Carphone Warehouse offering free tablet with
- Samsung gives the Galaxy Tab 2 a splash of co
- Android 4.1 available for Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Download: Official Android 4.1 leaks for the
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0