While Huawei’s getting ready to bring a masterful device in the Huawei Mediapad 10 FHD to market this month, they’ve still got some older devices that they see fit to upgrade. T-Mobile’s version of the original Huawei MediaPad, the T-Mobile SpringBoard, looks to be getting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this Wednesday.
Magenta will be rolling it out via an over-the-air process, and aside from the features you already know from Ice Cream Sandwich the update will add increased performance, fixes for power issues, improvement of the device’s WiFi signal, better memory allocations to allow the device to receive future updates without a problem (Jelly Bean?), and more.
You know the deal: check for it under About Tablet in the settings menu once August 15th arrives, and be sure to have at least 50% of battery life available to ensure the device doesn’t shut off during the process. [via T-Mobile]
- Huawei MediaPad receives Android 4.0 update
- Huawei MediaPad receives Android 4.0 Ice Crea
- Huawei Announces New MediaPad Series to Come
- Leaked Pics Reveal Huawei Working On Ice Crea
- Check out the Huawei MediaPad forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the T-Mobile SpringBoard forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.