Reports of a new update for the HTC Rezound surfaced over the weekend despite no official word from Verizon. The update is no small potatoes, either, at 103MB, and appears to activate the long-awaited global roaming capabilities Verizon has teased for the device for quite some time. It is unclear if Verizon has launched the update en masse or if it is simply making its way to a few handsets as part of an initial test. What we do know is that the Android version remains at 4.0.3 and Sense at 3.6, though the software version has moved up to 4.03.605.1.
Verizon promised to activate global roaming in several 4G devices this year, but has been slow moving in completing the task. Many expected the feature to come bundled in the Rezound’s Ice Cream Sandwich update, but Big Red withheld the feature for a future update for whatever reason.
- HTC Rezound and DROID Incredible 2 due “
- HTC Rezound now $80 at Verizon [Deal Alert]
- Rezound-inspired flash mob looks more like a
- Ice Cream Sandwich update commences for HTC R
- Check out the HTC Rezound forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Rezound