Several Android-powered camera concepts have launched to varying degrees of success, and the trend doesn’t look likely to end any time soon. Now Nikon, one of the most popular manufacturers of digital cameras, will release their first foray into the world of “smart” cameras. The Coolpix S800 is rumored for announcement later this month and features a 25-250mm lens, 3.5-inch OLED display, and built-in GPS and WiFi. Signs point to Android 2.3 being the operating system of choice, and it is said that the camera will have access to Google Play. The Coolpix S800 would be part of Nikon’s point-and-shoot range.
- Weekend Poll: Do you think Android cameras wi
- New Pictures of Nikon Android camera surface?
- Microsoft creates great Android keyboard
- Android t-shirts from Andys Threads
- Check out the Nikon Coolpix S800 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Nikon S800C forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.