This is some pretty good news for those who are hoping the OUYA gaming console will shape up to be the ultimate media experience.
XBMC has announced its support for OUYA by mentioning that the two parties are working together to make sure XBMC, the open source media center application that got its start on a console (the original Xbox, if you were wondering or cared) works smoothly once OUYA launches.
XBMC has been lauded as the definitive media center experience even compared to the premium options currently available. A launch on the OUYA console would make the gaming box even more desirable than it already is.
I don’t need to tell anyone the disappointment Google’s Nexus Q has been, and OUYA’s easy setup combined with XBMC’s extreme flexibility makes this a marriage that I am ready to endorse.
It seems like new partnerships and developments for OUYA are announced every other day so we’re excited to see what the future holds. [XBMC]
- OUYA All Access game pass revealed
- Madcatz MOJO to get OUYA software update
- Ouya updated with 16GB storage, revised contr
- Is OUYA in trouble? Original founder and VP o
- Check out the OUYA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.