Users of the 10-inch Toshiba Thrive (Toshiba’s hunky slab with full sized USB and HDMI ports) are getting an early visit from the ice cream man today. Toshiba revealed the good news on their forums, although the device wasn’t originally scheduled to receive the update to Android 4.0.4 until the later half of this year. The update adds improvements to video, camera and connectivity strength, which are no doubt welcomed changes. Updating is as simple as jumping into the tab’s special “Service Station” application and checking for updates.
Owners of the 7-inch, thicker-than-a-snicker, Thrive will have to wait a little longer. Oh, and given that Toshiba is just now rolling out ICS for their tabs, chances for an update to Jelly Bean is next to nil (but we still have our fingers crossed).
- Toshiba Thrive and Thrive 7 ICS update delaye
- Toshiba Thrive 10-Inch Tablet Getting Android
- Toshiba Thrive On Sale For Only $280 –
- Toshiba Thrive 7 Inch Now Available for $380
- Check out the Toshiba Thrive forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Toshiba Thrive