Reports are flowing in that Sprint’s HTC EVO 3D owners are beginning to see notifications to download the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich over-the-air. We’ve long known of Sprint’s plans to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to the device.
It notably excludes Sense 4.0, though we didn’t expect anything to the contrary considering all the leaks have been running 3.6 and considering this device doesn’t house an S4 processor.
In any case, you’ll at least be getting the most modern features of Android (Jelly Bean introduced some new things, of course) that you can hope for right now, as well as a few small things to look forward to in Sense 3.6. Hit up the settings menu of your phone to pull it down. [AndroidForums.com, thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- The EVO 3D saved someone’s life, so HTC
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- HTC EVO 3D and EVO Design 4G to get Ice Cream
- Check out the HTC EVO 3D forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 3D