We received a Phantip earlier this evening from a reader in Canada who’s Samsung Galaxy S3 prompted him of an update ready for his device. We now have a little more information on exactly what the update addressed. If you were fearing a dumbed down Google search app, it looks like your Spidey-sense was spot on. The 27MB over-the-air update brings the software version up to XXBLG6 and while it no doubt brings better stability, security and all that good stuff, it looks like it has removed local search from the device’s Google Search app.
From what I hear, it’s pretty easy to get back the old search app (for rooted users). But as it stands, Samsung and the Galaxy S3 are now officially safe from Apple legal action, although, I’m sure Apple lawyers are busy dissecting the device for new “infringements” as we speak.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S3