Sprint looks to be getting a new mid-range Galaxy phone, according to the folks behind the @evleaks Twitter feed. Pegged with model number SPH-M950 and rumored as the Samsung Galaxy Reverb, the Ice Cream Sandwich handset slides in under the Galaxy S3 with a 1.4GHz MSM8655 Snapdragon processor, 4-inch WVGA display, and 5MP camera. The phone is also said to carry 768MB of RAM, a 5MP rear camera, and 1.3MP front-facing camera.
Going off this single image alone, it appears the phone will not use Android 4.0+’s software navigation keys, instead carrying a row of physical soft keys. While the arrangement of these soft keys doesn’t quite line up, the phone looks similar to one we saw leaked for Verizon last week. No word on pricing or release date for the Sprint model, but Samsung does plan to hold an event on August 15th to unveil a new Galaxy device. Might these mid-range handsets make an appearance?
- Virgin Mobile sets Sept. 19 release for Samsu
- HTC Flounder/Volantis gets WiFi certified as we get closer to a release
- Nova Launcher adds new app drawer animations in latest beta
- Entire library of SNK Playmore games marked down to 99 cents (limited time)
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Reverb forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.