The Oppo Finder may not hold the title of the world’s thinnest smartphone for very much longer — the leaked ZTE Athena could beat it by mere .03mm — but for now, it’s enjoying its 15 minutes of fame. The smartphone can be found making appearances around the net as the subject of the face cringing “nail stress test.”
If you were thinking a 6.65mm thin smartphone would snap in half inside your skinny jeans — you’d be wrong. Well, at least when it comes to the Finder. The uber-thin device pounded a handful of nails into a 2×4, without a scratch, nick, or crack. See for yourself below.
I guess if the whole “world’s thinnest smartphone” doesn’t pan out for Oppo, I guess they could always go with “the world’s toughest smartphone under 6.65mm.” The device is currently available in China for $393 straight up. The little fella packs a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, dual-core A15 processor, 1GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Not too shabby, right?
- Super-thin Oppo Finder now available for pre-
- Sorry, Huawei – The Oppo Finder Is Now
- Transparent solar panels could soon make their way to our Android devices
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Check out the Oppo Finder forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.