Sprint has officially released more details on the software upgrades coming to the HTC EVO 3D and the HTC EVO Design 4G. Both devices will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich come early August according to the Now Network.
It’s not Jelly Bean (and we’re not sure if that’ll ever be placed on the roadmap) but at least it’s a lot more modern than Gingerbread. Read on for details on what the updates will bring,and be sure to keep an eye on Sprint’s support forums for more information on its arrival as we inch closer to August.
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
- The EVO 3D saved someone’s life, so HTC
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- FreedomPop will give you free cellphone servi
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Check out the HTC EVO 3D forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC EVO Design 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 3D, HTC Evo Design 4G