Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus has sometimes been referred to as as the black sheep of Nexus devices, usually trailing behind when it comes to official AOSP support. Well, today, it looks like that is changing with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Toro) now has its official binaries exposed, and posted for ROM devs/chefs to download and cook up. Nexus brothers, it’s time to officially welcome the Verizon Galaxy Nexus back into the fold. We missed you.
Of course, this puts the ball in Verizon’s court, and we’ll have to wait and see how quickly they can test, and push out this update for unrooted users on their network.
- Ubuntu Touch dropping support for Galaxy Nexu
- SMS exploit can remotely reboot Nexus handset
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Ubuntu Touch OS launching Oct. 17, ready for
- Check out the Galaxy Nexus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Galaxy Nexus