Remember the Samsung GT-B5330 that popped up earlier this week? Samsung has made the device official with the announcement of the Galaxy Chat. The Galaxy Chat, as you might expect for a phone focused on messaging, is on the lower tier of Android 4.0 devices and features a 3.0-inch QVGA display, 4GB of internal storage (plus microSD expandability), and a 2MP camera. On the plus side, the phone does feature many of the user interface improvements found in the recently released Galaxy S3. As the name implies, Samsung is pushing their ChatON service with the Galaxy Chat, and the phone comes preloaded with the messaging software.
The Samsung Galaxy Chat will be available in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia later this month. Pricing was not announced but it is said to be “competitive.” Based on the specs, we don’t expect interested parties will have to throw down beaucoup bucks.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Chat forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Chat