And just like that, the coolest phone to ever happen to the world has been taken down from Google’s Play Store, snuffed out like a candle in the night. This, just after news that Samsung was denied a temporary ban lifting of the Galaxy Nexus, the device has been officially pulled from the Play Store. Would-be buyers will now be greeted with nothing more than a “coming soon” status where they can provide their email address to be notified of when the device becomes available.
Could this have something to do with Google infilling the device with their lovely “Apple patent workaround patch?” We can only hope. For now, let’s shake our fists at Apple… and pour a 40oz of High Life for our old friend, the Galaxy Nexus. I’m crossing my fingers that, just like Superman, he comes back bigger and badder than ever before… maybe with a sick new mullet.
- Ubuntu Touch dropping support for Galaxy Nexu
- SMS exploit can remotely reboot Nexus handset
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Ubuntu Touch OS launching Oct. 17, ready for
- Check out the Galaxy Nexus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Galaxy Nexus