Google Glass has been one of the most interesting recent projects in the tech industry. We find ourselves broken about the subject, as it may turn out to be one of the most awesome accessories in Android’s history – But it could also be the biggest gimmick. Regardless, Google has finally announced when these wearable accessories will start hitting the streets, and that will be during early 2013.
That won’t be the case for everyone, though. The Google Glass Explorer Edition is only available for pre-order to Google IO attendees, starting today. With a hefty $1500 price tag, that is.
There is no doubt this product is far from being released to the general public, but we hope this price is no indication of how much these glasses will cost when fully released. We will simply have to wait and see, but at least we know we are closer to seeing the product’s potential. As soon as Google Glass starts shipping, we will definitely have developers getting their hands all over it.
What do you guys say? Would you get a Google Glass set for $1.5 grand?
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.