The long wait for the Sony Xperia Ion ended over the weekend as AT&T officially launched the device. For sale at a price of $99 on a two-year contract, AT&T and Sony have made the Ion a tempting proposition considering what a single Benjamin Franklin will earn you. While definitely not as exciting as it looked back when it was first unveiled in January, the Ion still features a solid spec sheet that includes a 1.5GHs dual-core Snapdragon S3 processor, 1GB RAM, and a 4.6-inch 720p HD display. NFC support and a 12MP camera round out the hardware highlights, but on the software side users will have to settle for Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread with a planned Android 4.0 update coming down the road.
Pro Tip: Best Buy currently has the Xperia Ion on sale for $49.99 with a new contract.
- Jelly Bean updates: Sony Xperia Z receives 4.
- Sony begins Jelly Bean rollout for Xperia P,
- Sony releases AOSP for the Xperia Z, news reg
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Check out the Sony Xperia Ion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Ion