While the 21st of the month might qualify as a bit later than “early June,” Sony today is delivering on their promise of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Xperia S. We can’t fault Sony’s handset department for pushing the update closer to the end of the month, as they have been on of the most transparent companies around when it comes to providing info and updates in Android 4.0 for their various Xperia handsets. And besides, we’re just splitting hairs here.
Xperia S owners can expect the update to arrive over the air, but it can also be pulled using Sony’s Xperia Update utility. Users can expect the wide range of new features inherent in ICS as well as a few extra enhancements exclusive to Sony phones. The update will be rolling out over the next few weeks, but availability may vary from carrier to carrier.
- Sony begins Jelly Bean rollout for Xperia P,
- Sony releases AOSP for the Xperia Z, news reg
- First look at Jelly Bean for the Sony Xperia
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Check out the Sony Xperia S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia S