We still can’t be sure exactly when Ice Cream Sandwich will officially arrive for the Motorola DROID BIONIC, but if a newly leaked build is any indication the day of reckoning could be coming soon. Discovered by P3Droid, the latest ROM is built around Android 4.0.4 and so far is running pretty smoothly for those that have installed it. This is a good sign that may indicate Motorola and Verizon are nearing the end of development for the upgrade.
Even better, those wishing to get their feet wet won’t even need oodles of Android hacking knowledge to do so. The ROM can be installed directly via the phone’s microSD card using stock recovery. In order to do so, users must have their Bionic on the latest official version of its software, which would be the recent .905 update. Even though the installation process requires little tinkering, those wishing to take the plunge should still proceed with caution. Consider the software unfinished for now and expect to run into some bugs.
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Motorola DROID Bionic gets revived with offic
- Motorola Droid Bionic owners receiving invite
- Motorola DROID Bionic Jelly Bean update arriv
- Check out the Motorola DROID BIONIC forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid Bionic