Regional US carrier Cincinnati Bell will be getting a bit of HTC One series love with the release of the HTC One S. Cinci will be launching the lineups middle child on June 25th for $199 after a $100 mail-in rebate. Their version will be identical to the handset as we have seen it on other carriers, down to the 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor and HTC Sense 4 UI with its enhanced ImageSense capabilities. The full press release is below containing all the details.
Cincinnati Bell Adds HTC One™ S to 4G Phone Lineup
Sleek, High-Powered 4G Smartphone Offers Stunning Audio and Video Capabilities
CINCINNATI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cincinnati Bell Wireless, a division of Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE: CBB), today announced the addition of the HTC One™ S to its 4G Android™ smartphone lineup. The HTC One S will be available from Cincinnati Bell beginning June 25.
One of the thinnest and most powerful smartphones available, the HTC One S integrates HTC Sense® 4, a new version of HTC’s branded user experience featuring HTC ImageSense™ with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 processor.
“For many consumers, the smartphone doubles as their camera, video recorder, audio player, GPS, and more,” said Mike Vanderwoude, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Markets at Cincinnati Bell. “As one of the fastest phones available on Cincinnati Bell’s 4G wireless network, the HTC One S combines speed, style, and technology into an experience customers won’t soon forget.”
The sleek aluminum unibody design of the HTC One S, measuring only 130.9-by-65-by-7.8 millimeters and weighing just 4.3 ounces, includes HTC’s Amazing Camera and Authentic Sound experiences. With HTC ImageSense, the HTC One S rivals traditional digital cameras with improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor, the software, and even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. These enhancements combine to deliver HTC’s fastest image capture, best image quality under adverse conditions and an easy interface that enables quick access to capturing stills and videos, including shooting video and capturing stills at the same time. Beats Audio™ integration is now enabled across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound whether listening to music, watching a YouTube™ video or playing a game.
Key features of the HTC One S are highlighted below:
- 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED touch screen with 540 x 960 resolution
- HTC Sense 4 integrated with the Android 4.0 operating system
- Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0, face detection, auto focus, smart LED flash, digital and optical zoom, and back-illuminated (BSI) sensor for better low-light captures
- Front-facing camera for video chat and self portraits
- Built-in Beats Audio technology for richer, more authentic sound experience
- Integrated Google™ services including Google Search™ by voice, YouTube and turn-by-turn directions with Google Maps™
- 16 gigabytes of internal memory with 25GB of DropBox space, free for two years*
- 1650 mAh embedded battery
The HTC One S will be available from Cincinnati Bell beginning June 25. It will be priced at $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and two-year equipment agreement. Visit www.cincinnatibell.com/htc-one-s for more information and updates regarding online availability. Customers can also call (800) 500-1229 or contact their business account representative.
- HTC One S wont be updated to Android 4.2.2 or
- HTC One S receiving software update to improv
- T-Mobile HTC One S finally gets Jelly Bean
- HTC Sense 5 headed to global One X, One X+, O
TAGS: HTC One S