T-Mobile have posted details about an upcoming Samsung Galaxy S II upgrade headed their way tonight. The upgrade will bring Ice Cream Sandwich, surprisingly enough, making them one of the first US carriers to get the upgrade for that phone. Expect TouchWiz to remain present, but don’t expect any of the new features found in TouchWiz 4.0 to make their way to the handset.
Other improvements will include WiFi calling, voicemail, and CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert System). It’ll be made available through Kies so be sure to have the app downloaded to your computer. Look for it to arrive there starting at 11PM eastern tonight. Head to T-Mobile for more details. [Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2