The Android 4.0.4 update for the Motorola XOOM has begun to push to Verizon subscribers after reaching a small group of testers earlier in the week. The rollout will be staggered, which means some may have to wait longer than others to receive the new software version. The good news is that a trick first used to force the Android 4.0.4 update on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus also works with the XOOM.
To pull the update
- navigate to Settings/Apps/All,
- locate Google Services Framework,
- force stop the application and press “Clear data,”
- return to Settings and navigate to About phone/System update,
- press “Check now.”
Your mileage may vary, but initial reports are that this trick should trigger the update. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- People still use the Motorola Xoom? Android 4
- Android devices rank high on iFixit’s t
- Motorola DROID Xyboard, XOOM 2 WiFi, and XOOM
- Jelly Bean factory image now available for Ve
TAGS: Motorola XOOM