A report out of CNET may offer some hope to Motorola DROID RAZR owners on Verizon awaiting the update to Android 4.0 — that is if you didn’t already have your hopes up for the update to arrive sometime this month. According to sources inside Big Red, the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich will commence on or around June 12th. The reason the process has dragged on so long apparently can be attributed to migrating the update from an Android 4.0.3 base to Android 4.0.4. Such updates have been a long time coming for Verizon subscribers, but with the Galaxy Nexus and Motorola XOOM finally reaching the promised land, it would appear the carrier has gotten over the initial hump.
[via CNET | Thanks to those who sent this in!]
- Android 4.1.2 update pushing to all Motorola
- Motorola officially details Jelly Bean rollou
- Jelly Bean soak test reaching Motorola Droid
- Motorola begins Jelly Bean soak test for DROI
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid RAZR