The Ice Cream Sandwich update for Verizon’s Motorola XOOM is scheduled to start rolling out today, June 4th. As it goes with all OTA updates, though, not everyone will be getting it that soon. In fact, it may take weeks before all of you see it. And if you are simply tired of waiting, the file is now available for download and you can install the update yourself.
This is build number IMM76L and it brings the following improvements:
The upgraded functionality includes speech-to-text technology and the ability to dismiss individual notifications by swiping a finger over an item. Users can also customize the new launch bar as well as create folders to access frequently used apps from the homepage.
In addition to app management and functionality improvements, the upgrade comes with a built-in photo editor allowing customers to crop and rotate photos, remove red eyes, add effects and correct levels of images.
If you feel uneasy about doing these things manually, we always advice that you simply wait it out until your tablet gets the official OTA update. Remember you take full responsibility should anything happen to your device. But if you are feeling adventurous, simply download the file and follow the instructions.
*Instructions require a USB host cable and USB drive/stick.
* You will also need to be on Android build HLK75H
1. Download the file from above and drop it on a USB stick or SD card that can be put in a USB Stick.
2. Turn your XOOM off.
3. When you power it back on, tap Volume Down at the red M logo until it says:
–> Android Recovery
4. Tap Volume Up to enter recovery mode.
5. At the green Android logo, press Power and Volume Up.
6. Plug in your USB drive to a USB host cable and then into your XOOM.
7. Scroll down to “apply update from USB drive” and select it with Power.
8. Scroll down to the .zip update file from above and use Power to select it.
9. Your XOOM will now update.
Let us know how it went and don’t forget to post your experiences in the comment section!
- People still use the Motorola Xoom? Android 4
- Android devices rank high on iFixit’s t
- Motorola DROID Xyboard, XOOM 2 WiFi, and XOOM
- Jelly Bean factory image now available for Ve
- Check out the Motorola XOOM forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola XOOM