The Android 4.0.4 update for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus has taken too long to get here. I don’t know about you, guys, but I am too tired of waiting. And if you feel like me and haven’t gotten your OTA update yet, you will want to try this little technique.
This trick forces your Galaxy Nexus to download the OTA. No, you do not need root or any type of hackery. You just need to go into the settings and do a few taps.
Here is what you have to do:
- Go to settings>Apps>All
- Tap Google Services Framework
- Tap on Clear Data and then Force Stop
- Go to About Settings>About Phone>Check for Updates
After that, you should be all set, and your update should start downloading. I have personally tried it, and it is working like a charm. So check it out and let us know how it works!
[Via: Android Central Forums]
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Hands-on: Nokia N1 tablet
- GS6 finger scanner logs into websites
- Check out the Galaxy Nexus forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Galaxy Nexus