Sony’s making good on their promise of most 2011 phones being upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich. The Sony Xperia Arc and Sony Xperia Neo are the latest, and likely last phones to get the treatment. Updates bring them to Android 4.0.4 and brings some of the UI improvements found in all other updates so far.
More than that, the Sony Xperia Arc S, Xperia Neo V, and Xperia Ray are all coming from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. These’ll undoubtedly bring some much needed bug fixes both on Google’s side and Sony’s. You’ll need to use Sony’s companion app to get the update as it’s not available over-the-air.
Unfortunately, not all 2011 Xperia phones are being graced with this update as originally promised. The Xperia Play’s update has been canned for one reason or another, so those users will have to rely on community ROMs if they want to get going on the latest versions of Android. Be sure to find your phone here. [via Xperia Blog]
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.