A new software build has leaked for AT&T’s LG Nitro HD, and the more adventurous users willing to try it out are raving about the results. The firmware transforms the phone otherwise known as the Optimus LTE from a Gingerbread clunker into an Ice Cream Sandwich dream machine. Early reports are that all major features are fully functional despite a few minor bugs here and there. Much love is being given to the revamped user interface featured on top of Android 4.0.
It looks like we are dealing with the Optimus UI 3.0 that LG touted last week, and it looks like a nice improvement over previous attempts at a custom interface.
For owners of the Optimus LTE in Canada, it sounds like the new software is compatible with your devices, as well (some additional tweaking may be involved). Head on over to the source link below for more info. Download and install with care, if you decide to do so.
[via XDA | Thanks, Nightgold!]
- LG Nitro HD to get Ice Cream Sandwich July 31
- LG Optimus LTE, Nitro HD receive CyanogenMod
- LG Nitro HD, White Galaxy S II Skyrocket Now
- AT&T Gives Us a Mobile Minute on the LG
- Check out the LG Nitro HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Nitro HD