AT&T is entering new territory with the announcement of the carrier’s first pre-paid side slider smartphone. The Sasmung Galaxy Appeal is an Android 2.3 handset with a 3.2-inch display, 3MP camera, and 800MHz processor. While the pricing of the handset hasn’t been revealed, the use of 80 percent recycled materials should help to further drive down the cost of the low-end smartphone offering.
The Galaxy Appeal will be available June 5th on AT&T’s GoPhone service, which offers month-by-month data plans starting at $5 for 50MB, which can be coupled with unlimited messaging plans starting at $25.
- Sundar Pichai promoted to head of Google products
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- US Cellular gets G Pad 7, G3
- Best Moto 360 Apps and Faces
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Appeal forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Appeal