Yesterday Verizon confirmed that select 4G LTE smartphones will be upgraded with global capabilities this summer. The latest Ice Cream Sandwich leak for the Motorola DROID RAZR confirms this and alludes to the fact that world radio support will be bundled with upcoming Android 4.0 updates. Navigating to the network settings menu now reveals a “global” option under preferred network modes alongside the other standard options.
As of now, Verizon has the Droid RAZR along with the RAZR MAXX, Droid 4, and HTC Rezound on the docket to receive global support. A recently update timeline pegs those devices to receive ICS sometime during Q2 or Q3.
- Android 4.1.2 update pushing to all Motorola
- Motorola officially details Jelly Bean rollou
- Jelly Bean soak test reaching Motorola Droid
- Motorola begins Jelly Bean soak test for DROI
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid RAZR