One of the best ideas to come out of ‘ol Mt. View since Android — Google is looking to protect their latest idea from that other company, by securing patents related to Project Glass. Four patents in particular give Google sole rights to a device secured by a set of spectacles, with a camera over the eye area and a nose-pad sensor to tell the device when it’s being worn. A couple of slightly more complicated patents were also apart of the paperwork. You’ll notice a little something about displays over both eyes, in which different information is displayed on each. Sounds like that could take some getting used to.
It’s sad that the first thing that comes to mind when a company rushes to grab patents for a unique invention is Apple and their legal team. Still, it’s nice to see Google planning ahead. Crazy times we live in.
- The 'most connected man in the world' could be us in 10 years
- Google Glass XE20.1 update gives access to all contacts with messaging options
- Google Glass patent shows a much less dorky design
- Navdy is like a Google Glass projector for your car
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.