A faulty component in the Acer Iconia Tab A510 is causing delays with both the WiFi-only and 3G versions (A511) of the affordable Tegra 3 quad-core tablet. Acer made the news available via their German Facebook page today, and although they wouldn’t say exactly what was wrong with the tablets, reading over some user reviews on Amazon reveals that whatever component may be, it’s apparently causing freezing issues in the device. The Amazon listing has also been updated to reflect the A510 as “under review,” and is no longer shipping.
The tablet was made available back in April, and while you can still find a few being sold from 3rd party retailers, that probably wouldn’t be the best route until we get official word from Acer that everything has been worked out. Might wanna let your friends and family know to hold off on a purchase as well. Anyone notice any funny business with their Acer Iconia Tab A510?
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 now available, Ice Cream
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 with Tegra 3 and Ice Cre
- Acer to Release Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Games
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Passes FCC
- Check out the Acer Iconia Tab A510 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Acer Iconia Tab A510