Sony’s plan to roll out Android 4.0.3 to the Tablet P in April may not have come to fruition, but the Japanese manufacturer is now stating that the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update will be coming next week, on May 24th.
The Sony Tablet S had its update as promised, soon after Sony issued a press release in Japan. A global roll-out of the Ice Cream Sandwich was seen, and we can assume the same for the Tablet P. There might be some delays if you happen to have the AT&T version, though. The update has to go through the carrier before it hits your device.
Any device without Ice Cream Sandwich is considered outdated for most Android fans. Therefore, it is good to see that manufacturers are updating their products, even if a bit late. If you have been carrying this foldable tablet, let us know when/if the update hits your device!
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Sony Tablet P forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Tablet P