Motorola has update their upgrade schedule for devices in the US giving us a better idea of when to expect Android 4.0 for a range of smartphones and tablets. Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners will be first to see the official version of Ice Cream Sandwich along with the WiFi + 3G Motorola XOOM tablet this quarter. With Q3 approaching rapidly the update shouldn’t be too far off.
Most other major devices are expected to receive their upgrade to ICS next quarter, with the Droid XYBOARDs, Atrix 4G and Atrix 2, and Droid 4 and Droid Bionic set to receive the update in Q3. The adjusted timeline also confirms that the Droid 3 and Droid X2 won’t receive an upgrade to Android 4.0, which comes as disappointing news for owners of the handsets that were released within the last year. For everyone else it will soon be time to start anxiously refreshing your system updates screen in hopes that a nice, chilled dessert will be waiting for you.
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Check out the Motorola XOOM forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Atrix 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.