As a string of springtime device updates continues, Huawei is the latest manufacturer to push out Android 4.0 to eager users. The Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Huawei MediaPad is now live across the globe. The new firmware should work with any MediaPad, but the manufacturer prefaces this by saying that it has only been tested in certain locales and that “the network situation is different and complicated in different places.” In other words, if things aren’t working properly after the update you might be out of luck for the time being.
The update is compatible with the T-Mobile-branded SpringBoard variant of the MediaPad, but it is not officially supported and flashing Android 4.0 onto the device will void its warranty. T-Mobile and Huawei have so far made no indications of an official release for that version of the tablet.
- T-Mobile Springboard getting Android 4.0.4 th
- Huawei MediaPad receives Android 4.0 Ice Crea
- Huawei Announces New MediaPad Series to Come
- Leaked Pics Reveal Huawei Working On Ice Crea
- Check out the Huawei MediaPad forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei MediaPad