As it so often goes when it comes to Android updates, you can either wait for your carrier to push them out to your device or — you can take matters into your own hands, updating your rooted device on your own. And for those on Sprint with a Samsung Epic 4G Touch Galaxy S II, the “official,” near final Android 4.0 release build has been leaked onto XDA, where it’s been opened up, rooted, and is ready for the flashing.
Build number FD24 can be applied via a One Click install method for rooted devices, or through a flashable zip file for users currently on EL29. Still no word on exactly when Sprint plans on pushing out Ice Cream Sandwich for the E4GT, but we do know it is coming. Hopefully sooner, rather than later. As always, users assume all risks involved when tinkering with their device.
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the Samsung Epic 4G Touch forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Epic 4G Touch