Meizu has an update to their MX flagship slated for release in China and Hong Kong this summer. The Meizu MX Quad-core will utilize a Samsung Exynos chipset. As the phone’s name suggests it will be the new quad-core Exynos platform that Samsung should also be deploying in their upcoming Galaxy S III flagship, only Meizu has beaten them to the punch. The handset’s battery gets a bump from 1600mAh to 1700mAh. Otherwise, specs remain fairly similar to the previous version of the MX with a 4-inch 960×640 display and 8MP camera.
The Meizu MX Quad-core will ship with a customized version of Ice Cream Sandwich in June starting at ¥2,999 ($480) for the 16GB model. The original MX will see a price drop to ¥2,399 ($380).
- ICS Public Beta for the MEIZU MX or M9 now li
- Meizu MX Launch Draws Crowds in China
- Quad Core Meizu MX (Exynos 4412?) Said to be
- Meizu MX Is Officially Unveiled – HSPA+
- Check out the Meizu MX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Meizu MX, Meizu MX Quad-core