The HTC One X is a beast of a device. It is arguably the best Android smartphone around right now. But no device is perfect, and neither is this one. It seems a little issue with a large consequence slipped through HTC when making this device, and now the battery is draining faster than it should.
It seems the issue is that an app called NvCPLSvc.apk was placed in the wrong directory. It should be under the system\app directory, and it is located at system/bin, instead. The fix is relatively simple: one needs to move the file to the right place and change the file’s permissions.
This is possible via ADB, and instructions can be found at XDA Developers’ site. Users have been reporting a 10%-20% increase in battery life, so this little trick might very well be worth a shot. Extra juice is always good.
- HTC USA promises to support new flagships wit
- AT&T HTC One X+ Android 4.2.2 update lan
- HTC One X and HTC One X+ will no longer recei
- [Discussion] The best looking Android phones
- Check out the HTC One X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One X